Friday, August 11, 2006

How I spend the first hour at work every day

This is really just to get them all in one place away from my laptop, but here's my morning 'trawl', to use snark-speak (updated 1/11/08, and I've discovered Foxmarks, but people ask):
Dailies
Sluggy Freelance - mad science and relationships
Irregular Webcomic! - spoofs and creative Lego use
Get Fuzzy - like Garfield crossed with Boondocks
PvPonline - geek culture and daily funny
Doonesbury - call me a political geek
Evil Inc. - superhero Dilbert
Schlock Mercenary - sci fi
Arthur, King of Time and Space - yeah, I was really into Arthuriana for a while
Narbonic - mad science at its best (over, but in re-runs with director's commentary)
Skin Horse - new from the author of Narbonic
Bunny the Book of Random - really, just randomness with bunnies
Political comics from NYT
Monday-Friday
Anywhere But Here - relationships (or lack thereof) with bizarrity
Questionable Content - relationships with sarcasm and indie rock
Ozy and Millie - grade school, multiculturalism, political sarcasm, hard to describe
Count Your Sheep - sweet and silly
Monday-Wednesday-Friday
XKCD - science humor, always ROFL
The Order of the Stick - fantasy/geek culture
Girl Genius Online Comics! - fantasy/mad science at its best (new)
Looking For Group - fantasy, but heading for "you lost me status"
Tuesday-Thursday
Gunnerkrigg Court - fantasy without the funny
Wednesday
Full Frontal Nerdity - geek culture
Saturday
The Non-Adventures of Wonderella - very wicked superhero
Random/Unscheduled
Piled Higher and Deeper - I am a grad student
Home Star Runner - my first love (webcomics-wise)
Todd and Penguin - Hobbes without the introspection
chopping block - sick and wrong, but funny
Crap I Drew on My Lunch Break - funny slice-of-life/autobiographical
Platinum Grit - Australian mad science
The Broken Mirror - hasn't updated enough times to know
You had me and you lost me (more snark-speak)
Dominic Deegan: Oracle For Hire - fantasy
Shortpacked! - geek culture
Defunct/not updating
Home on the Strange - relationships (now over)
Casey and Andy - mad science
Gossamer Commons - fantasy
The Pet Professional - strange taste for a vet, but really . . .
girl/robot - sci fi and cynicism

1 comment:

Roxann said...

Thats a LOT!

And I thought I was doing bad with 4 websites I visit each morning- 6 if you count news and weather (not visited daily). Granted, one of those websites is an overview of about 20 blogs and 5 comics, but those aren't all updated every day (in fact, very few of them are). Hmm...