Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Signalment

Signalment:
26 year old American female, primarily Caucasian
brown hair, hazel eyes, freckles
5'4" and around 155 pounds
middle-middle class and over-educated (if there is such a thing)

Who am I? Well, I am (professionally) a veterinary epidemiologist, focusing on food security and international development. I am (socially) an introvert and a bit of a geek. I am (spiritually) a Christian. I am (personally) a bibliophile, an amateur musician, and a foodie.

What am I going to talk about? Well, all of the above (probably including the weight, though not the height so far as I can see). Whatever catches my attention -- public health, food production, current events, theology, books, music, cooking -- will make it in. I know, this is not the best way to run a blog. You want a topic? Too bad, I'm going to write what I feel like writing.

Why the heck am I doing this? My boyfriend started one (for a good reason) and I got inspired. I like to write. I often have thoughts that need to be shared. I'm often inspired by essayists.

Who's going to read? I have no idea. I may tell some friends. I may not tell others. If you like, read on. If not, don't bother. Whatever you do, enjoy your web time!

1 comment:

Sweet and Salty said...

Hello,

I was jumping through blogs and found yours. What caught my attention was the fact that you're from Manhatttan, Kansas. The "little" apple. I went to college there a few year back and really enjoyed the place.

I'll bookmark your blog and see what's up in Manhattan, or what's up with someone from Manhattan. (grin)